Monday 26 April 2010

country cottage quilt

Sorry about the poor pic ...but it's very hard to photograph a whole quilt!! I made this quilt a while back from a samples book of curtain and cushion fabrics. This is a really good way of getting a small quantity of squares of many different matching prints...and it's usually free!! (which is a big selling point to me!)I cross-stitched lots of little patches to break it up a bit.
Each of the little verses come from the Bible and these were the verses that kept me encouraged when waiting on God for an answered prayer in the past.
Of course they all still apply!!
And are new again everytime i need them!
That's the beauty of a living book!
And that's why i wanted to surround myself with them
So that i can be encouraged the next time i am waiting!
And can have the strength to have patience!!
...because it's not one of my strong points!!
"See, i am the servant of the Lord, let it be done to me as you have said"

And on the bottom i just picked a neutral mocha lining with little baby pink hearts all over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even remember how I found your blog, but I check it often and I just want to say what a beautiful quilt....I too am waiting on God right now and am deep in the word reading God's promises for me. What a great way to "be surrounded" by God's word!

lyds said...

Beautiful, summery prints,cottagey flowers and edifying too - what a bonus! It will give anyone sweet dreams! xox

Eleonora said...

woww!!!!anche in italiano!!!!

Gil said...

I think I delayed commenting for so long because this post was so helpful I wasn't sure how much to gush in a comment!
Needless to say - the craft is perfect and the style perfectly tipified in your cross stitching... ultimately it's such a lovely image to cover, comfort, hug, soothe and envelop yourself with the Bible!!

What a beautiful idea - possibly my favourite thing you've done?
XX