Wednesday 29 July 2009

sweet dreams of the 50s

My first craft love was making clothes (for Barbie in the early years and then i moved on to myself!). I don't do so much anymore so decided to make myself some cute pjs for going on holiday!

I used really light cotton for airy-ness and made a cute 50s style "onesie" with a tailored corset top and blousey culotte-type bottom, using this pattern:

I LOVE it...you feel so "pin-up-y" in the style of the 50s posters! Plus it took an hour to sew up! score!!!

3 comments:

Christy Amular said...

sexy and sassy! the perfect outfit to channel your inner barbie!

LittleMissPoog said...

looks like a tiny romper! i think you should have modelled it to give us all a good idea of what it looks like on - or would that be too racy?!

lyds said...

I saw it modelled and it looked fab! even at 8.00am after a night's sleep! xox