Thursday 2 July 2009

toadstool tidy

My mum loves mushrooms and toadstools (not the real ones!) and i have definitely got this from her. They are so happy looking and i love them as motifs etc.
...
I wanted to make a big mushroom pin cushion and craft desk tidy and i found a pattern on this blog. I made a few wee changes making the cap a lid, and left the stalk (cut-off yop bottle!) hollow for storing empty spools etc. It just looks so neat and clean here...
Because, this is how it usually looks!!

3 comments:

Gil said...

that's FAB! I really want to see inside though... it reminds me of those toys we had, the turtle and the snail, whose shells opened and you could put stuff inside - remember? what a fun mystery.

I used to love hiding my favourite toys so that when I found them I'd be delighted again!
ok that was a weird trait.. but I like your mushroom!

LittleMissPoog said...

all your pins are so fancy! it looks like hundreds of little fairies have stuck their wands into the giant toadstool while they snooze in a nearby water-lily!

Christy Amular said...

so magical! i love your pretty pins too!