Thursday 23 April 2009

Welcome - Wee Spoon and SuperD!

Haha! I have to say this was one of the most fun projects EVER!! It seems that i can't help myself...SuperD has such distinctive features that it is brilliant fun to create little SuperDs in every medium i have to hand!!!


...And as long as there's a blondie in bright colours beside him, you'll always know it's me!!


Wee Spoon and SuperD have gone for a big scary hike through the (neglected) forest and saw many strange giant purple-pompom trees and wildflower bushes. They climbed up onto the highest rocks that their chubby little stuffing-filled legs would allow and posed for some pictures.
I made up the pattern as I went along, which is easy because crochet is a very forgiving medium. The bodies were crocheted from the neck down and the heads were made separately and then joined. The little bodies were filled tightly with toy stuffing and love!

For the hair I began by crocheting little "nets" which fitted neatly over the heads and then attached the loose fibres to the stitches of the net (using latch-hook rug making method...just with the crochet hook), then the whole hair piece can be sewn onto the head in one go.

Do you think SuperD needs a decal on his little hoodie or is it better plain?


"Guys come on, these poses are pretty boring....do something fun....yes that's right, have a little whisper and then...


Haha that's much better!!!



Dear Wee Spoon and SuperD,

I hope you have as much fun as we do!


Love,

Regular Spoon and SuperD


Ps Wee SuperD is going red....Wee Spoon, you better get off him before you break his back (See? We're not that different after all!!!)



3 comments:

LittleMissPoog said...

Just super-fab Spoon. U guys are seriously cute. i am FOR motif for mini super-d. bling that boy out! so so sweet!!! loving them!

lyds said...

I'm laughing my head off and can hardly type! What a lot of adventures! Do they live in Lilliput? It was like a comic strip - more! more! Encore! (I hope this is Italian)PS I understood every word Wee Spoon said! Oh, if only all languages were that easy! BTW I also understood what Wee SuperD said too! They're a good looking couple!
I'm proud to be their Wee Mum. xox

lyds said...

I've just read Gill's blog and I spotted Pedro the bear who would be just the right size to be a friend to Wee Spoon and Wee SuperD! (ie. if he's not a fierce bear!! Better check with Gill before an invite is issued!!)